DR. KEN RADANT
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS: PH.D.
TEACHING AREA: THEOLOGY
Ken Radant is Associate Professor of Theology at Carey Theological College in Vancouver.
Before joining the Carey team in early 2017, Ken was Principal, Academic Dean, and Associate Professor of Theology at the ACTS Seminaries of Trinity Western University. He has also served as Associate Dean and Associate Professor for Ambrose Seminary, and as Dean and Professor at Prairie Graduate School.
Ken was raised in the Christian and Missionary Alliance church. He studied at the C&MA schools in Regina, then moved to greater Chicago to complete his MA and PhD studies at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. He returned to Canada to begin teaching at PGS in 1990.
Ken is married to Diane; they have two 20-something children, and are adjusting to life as empty-nesters. Ken grew up in Calgary, where he developed a life-long love for the mountains and the wilderness. When not in the office, he enjoys music, woodworking, and wilderness/water sports including skiing, climbing, mountain biking, and especially kayaking.
DEGREE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ph.D., Theological Studies (Christian Theology, Church History), Trinity Evangelical Divinity School (1994)
- M.A. in Christian Thought (Christian Theology and Church History), magna cum laude, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School (1987)
- Graduate Studies, Biblical Studies and Christian Thought, Canadian Theological Seminary 1984 B.Th., Biblical and Theological Studies, magna cum laude, Canadian Bible College (now Ambrose) (1984-85)
- “Purposeful Ministry Planning: A Practical System for Strategic Planning and Program Design.” HTML-based guide and tutorial on strategic planning and program design for church leaders, developed in cooperation with the British Columbia District CE Committee for the Christian and Missionary Alliance. Beta version available since Jan 2005.
- “Collaborative Leadership Training,” Northwest Baptist Seminary Board Retreat, 2009.
- “Ordination in the C&MA: Some Considerations That May Affect Its Relationship to Gender,” paper prepared by invitation for the Board of Directors and for denominational use by the Christian and Missionary Alliance, distributed by the National Office, summer 2009.
- “Cultural Background to Ephesians 5,” presentation for Sevenoaks Alliance Church, 2009.
- “Eschatology,” training seminar for ordinands, CMA BC District, 2013.
- “Eschatology,” training seminar for ordinands, CMA BC District, 2015.